CAVERN:DOING IT SAFELY AND CORRECTLY ..
The Cavern class is designed to prepare divers to enter and safely dive underwater caverns.
- Cavern Divers will learn the following skills:
- How to correctly configure equipment, plan and conduct an underwater cavern dive.
- Emphasis is placed on air management, correct body position, emergency procedures, and Cave line reel deployment and penetration techniques.
- The cavern course is conducted in two parts:minimum of 4 cavern dives:
- Intro to the Cavern Zone, Academic and land drills
- Cavern, dives
Cavern Certification of training will be issued once the student has safely demonstrated all learned cavern diving techniques.
The Cavern Student will be required to have additional equipment beyond open water diver standards to participate in the cavern diving course.
Cavern Student must have a Primary Cave Penetration Reel, a Safety Reel, and at least two underwater lights of which one must be equivalent to a 10 watt HID and have sufficient burn time to last longer than the planned dive time (three lights are recommended)
Prerequisites: Minimum Age 18 years, Open Water Diver or equivalent.
Course fees do not include charter boat, park access fees, equipment rentals or sales.