Apprentice To Full Cave Diver: DOING IT SAFELY AND CORRECTLY ..
The Apprentice To Cave class is designed to prepare divers to enter,exit and safely dive underwater caves conducting complex penetration and navigation of cave passages.
- Apprentice To Cave Divers will learn the following skills:
- How to correctly configure equipment, plan and conduct an underwater cave dive involving complex navigation.
- Emphasis is placed on air management and divers will learn basics of decompression theory, improvement of correct body position, emergency procedures, and cave line reel deployment and penetration techniques.Cave Environment and team Awareness will also be developed
- Each Apprentice To Cave course is conducted in two to three different cave systems not previously used in earlier levels of training:
- Apprentice To Cave Certification training may be combined into a Cavern and Intro to Cave modular program
- 4 dives minimum are required at this training level
Apprentice To Cave Certification of training will be issued only once the student has safely demonstrated all learned techniques Apprentice To cave Certification is a time limited caertification; 1 Year.
Apprentice to Cave Students will be required to have additional equipment beyond Intro-To-Cave diver standards to participate in the course.
Student must have: Redundant Regulators,Double Cylinders, a Primary Cave Penetration Reel, a Safety Reel, Jump/Gap Reel and Three underwater lights of which one must be equivalent to 10 watt HID and have sufficient burn time to last longer than the planned dive time, two cutting devices, 3 Cave marking Line Arrows and Non-Directional Markers
Prerequisites: Minimum Age 18 years, Intro-To-Cave Diver from recognized agency or equivalent.
Course fees do not include charter boat, park access fees, equipment rentals or sales.